Pagerank & Alexa ranking are not the the only factors that people will look at when analyzing the strength of a website. There are many elements come into play including but are not limited to basic on-page optimizations, domain age, inbound links, number of indexed pages in search engines, backlinks from social media sphere (i.e. Digg, StumbleUpon etc) and valid XHTML & CSS documents.
Advertisers of these days are more concerned on how a website evolves; whether they are artificially boosted (blackhat) or naturally developed. I came across a few useful FREE SEO websites that provide thorough analysis as I hang out a lot in DP forum. Some of the websites are now buried deep in DP archives and I couldn’t find a way to dig them out as most of them resided in threads totally unrelated to SEO things. So I decided to collect and list them (SEO tools that I still remember vividly) in this post.
Here is a list of FREE SEO tools
1. Website Grader – This website provides a score by inspecting several aspects of blogging such as social activities (Twitter & Facebook), website traffic, SEO and several other technical factors. This website also provides you with related advice, improvements and suggestions that can be done. The best thing about Grader is its visual organization where we can see right away the lengthy results are carefully divided into its own sections.
Similar with many tools, none is perfect. That said, this SEO tool is my favorite because I can compare my site performance alongside of my competitors.
2. Site Trail – SiteTrail was founded in 2010 and now it emerges amongst the top website analytics. From this web analytic tool, you may learn about social media presence of the site and its SEO. Even better, when using this free service, you can see content analysis along with traffic break down (by day, by month, by year and by country).
3. URL Trends – Features Pagerank, Alexa, number of baclinks from Yahoo & Google and many more. Fast at delivering result.
4. IwebTool – IwebTool consists of several SEO tools such as website speed test, rank checker, rank popularity and ping test. Each tool provides an in-depth analysis of the respective results. From my recent visit in January 2012, I found none of the tools works but I assume this thing happens on temporarily basis.
5. SEO Book Tool – Features Search Analytics Tools, Keyword Research Tools, Competitive Research Tools, Link Analysis Tools & Search Engine Ranking Checkers.
6. SEO Digger – SEO Digger research is primarily on keyword gathering (i.e. organic keywords from your website, keywords density and competitors in organic search engines). Those results are given in summary but you can expand every report to see more details. Unfortunately, the full reports come at a price (through SEMRush). Anyway even though the results shown is only the tips of the icebergs, you can get rough idea of how your site measures up to your competitors.
There are many great FREE SEO tools out there but not listed here. If you find them to be useful and would like to share with our readers, please don’t hesitate to let us know your favorite SEO tool by commenting this post.