iCloud solution from Apple is set to become a cherishing service for the end users. They customers would be able to store data in the form of documents, videos, music and other file formats on their custom cloud. The data will get synchronized with all iOS devices held by the users, wirelessly. Per user cap of storage is set to 5 GB. In order to better understand the do’s and don’ts associated with the solution the following pointers should be referred by the end users.
Do’s of iCloud
- The end users should store generic data and paid apps over iCloud. They can buy an app on one device and host it over the cloud. It can be used on all other iOS devices held by the users without again paying up for the app.
- The iOS devices held by users should essentially be upgraded to new iOS 5 before they can use the solution. If you have updated the platform of your iPhone and not on iPad then you may not be able to leverage the service.
- The cloud based proposition is free and a must try for the freelancers, business professionals and users who are avid travelers. They would cherish syncing to and from the data streams in a seamless manner without any hassles at all.
- Only the official online source should be leveraged for updating the service at all times.
Don’ts of iCloud
- It is highly recommended for users of not storing sensitive and confidential data over the iCloud platform. This can mitigate the security risks associated with the solution in just about no time. Personal photos, sensitive documents and passwords should not be stored over iCloud. As far as possible the files should wither be stored using an encryption program or password be enabled over the files.
- The storage cap is set to 5 GB per cloud ID. Therefore, you must not store data in excess and later repent on the space constraints. If you need more space, you’ll be better off purchasing an external USB disk or storing data on webhost itself.
- Login ID and password of iCloud should not be shared with friends or family. The data if leaked over the public domain might create nuisance for the owner in no time. One should utilize the platform for storing transactional data which holds value to the user itself.