If you have been exploring Windows 8 Developer Preview since last week, you may notice that hibernate option is not available by default. It can be enabled through control panel. To those who are still not familiar with Windows 8 interface, it could be a pain in the neck to find the option. So here is the step-by-step guide to enable hibernate option in the power panel.
How to hibernate your PC in Windows 8
- In your Windows 8 start screen (desktop), move your cursor to the bottom left screen where start menu will appear. Click on the “Search” option.
- Under Search Settings on the right pane, click “settings.” Then use search box at the top and type in “power button”click.
- Now you should see the search results on the left side of the desktop. Click on “Change what the Power Buttons do”.
- From here, click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable” link. Then scroll down to the bottom.
- Tick on the hibernate option to enable it and save changes you made.
- Now you should be able to see an additional option (hibernate) when you open the power button